Monday, June 14, 2010

My Working Weekend

Sitting in front of the PC to write how is my weekends. Recall the memory and decide what is worth to write about? At last I focus on my working day. I have a surveying job as a Demontrator

Ut was Sunday on 6/13-2010, While the sun was shinning outside I spend all my Sunday indoor at a Safeway's store to demonstrate and pass out samples of "Pringles Crisps and Stix".

This Safeway is one of the big size. Many customer come and do grocery shopping during the day, and the employee are busy with refill product on the shelve.


It started not as smoothly as usually. one of the two products was not able to be found on the shelves in the store. At last able to get the information from the manage, it was in the back at the storage.
4 boxes of the one products was brought to my demonstration's area but no indication of price. I contacted to the personal and requested for price check and labeling.
It took time get the issue solve, because as many other retail store's policy, not any employee could have authority to make price label, only certain personal have this authority.
I was not even finish with setting up product displaynear my table, but many customer flocked to my demonstration's table want to try samples. I defered the display to later and hurried pass out samples. But all day was busy , because the new product was a hit I continued with display in the downtime. Mostly I sold out the products from boxes.

During the whole day I noticed the comment and reaction from the consumer. At the end of the day I wrote all positive or negative remark and attached on the rapport form.

It was a very busy day. The number of samples was on the target goal. The promoted products was sold out. I was satisfy and tired.

In a way I enjoy to work as a demonstrator. I meet lot of people mostly nice, open mind people. I use my customer service and interprete personal , informe customer with technical data as nutrition value and more. Mostly Conversation are in English, but sometimes I also use my Chinese or Vietnamese to this segment of consumer.

It is not required, I speak other than English but I always get train that if people are talking to you in languages you speak, so it is appopiacte to reply with the same languages because of politness and make good impression too.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a job that will be different every day -- since you are working with people, you have to stay flexible. I think it is an asset that you speak more than one language, and you should definitely talk to people in whatever language will best "connect" with them. It is important to keep a good attitude in a job like this -- don't let the strange/rude customers get you down!

    ReplyDelete