Monday, June 28, 2010

There is a right time for everything

I was not born and raised  a Christian but I respect Christianity . When there is a chance I read all as told. I like this Passage from the Bible. I have it in English, Chinese and Danish versions,
It tells me to pause. It encourages me to let go. Don't lives in regret. Learn to forgive but not require to forget. I am looking into if Buddha has similar quote like this . I believe there are
 Below is Source from Bamboos people's blog,  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:
There is a right time for everything:
A time to be ,A time to kill , A time to heal;A time to cry, a time to laugh ;A time to grieve, A time to dance;A time for scattering stones, A time for gathering stones
A time to embrace, a time to refrain from embracing;A time to find, a time to lose;
A time for keeping; a time for throwing away;A time to tear, a time to repair;
A time to be silent, a time to speak;A time for loving, a time for hating;
A time for war, a time for peace

I found King James Version
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (King James Version)Ecclesiastes 3
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I also found it in Chinese 傳 道 書 3 
In my eye it's clearly translation from other languages, but well interpreter
1 凡 事 都 有 定 期 , 天 下 万 务 都 有 定 时 。
2 生 有 时 , 死 有 时 ; 栽 种 有 时 , 拔 出 所 栽 种 的 也 有 时 ;
3 杀 戮 有 时 , 医 治 有 时 ; 拆 毁 有 时 , 建 造 有 时 ;
4 哭 有 时 , 笑 有 时 ; 哀 恸 有 时 , 跳 舞 有 时 ;
5 抛 掷 石 头 有 时 , 堆 聚 石 头 有 时 ; 怀 抱 有 时 , 不 怀 抱 有 时 ;
6 寻 找 有 时 , 失 落 有 时 ; 保 守 有 时 , 舍 弃 有 时 ;
7 撕 裂 有 时 , 缝 补 有 时 ; 静 默 有 时 , 言 语 有 时 ;
8 喜 爱 有 时 , 恨 恶 有 时 ; 争 战 有 时 , 和 好 有 时 。

In Danish
 Prædikeren
1 Alt har sin stund og hver en Ting under Himmelen sin Tid:
2 Tid til at fødes og Tid til at , Tid til at plante og Tid til at rydde,
3 Tid til at dræbe og Tid til at læge, Tid til at nedrive og Tid til at opbygge,
4 Tid til at græde og Tid til at le, Tid til at sørge og Tid til at danse,
5 Tid til at kaste Sten, og Tid til at sanke Sten, Tid til at favne og Tid til ikke at favne,
6 Tid til at søge og Tid til at miste, Tid til at gemme og Tid til at bortkaste,
7 Tid til at flænge og Tid til at sy, Tid til at tie og Tid til at tale,
8 Tid til at elske og Tid til at hade, Tid til Krig og Tid til Fred.

( for me , Danish version is the most poetic writing )

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Make the first sentence into past tense: I was not born and raised a Christian but I respect Christianity.
    When there is a chance -
    versions
    stop (or pause)

    I like your new blog "look"!

    ReplyDelete