Monday, June 7, 2010

A VCD CITIZEN


There is a reason for choosing this title. It is a simplified way to describe about me.
I was born in Vietnam by Chinese parent. I left VN at as a teenager, reason I left Vietnam was political change. The First country in my transit was Malaysia. After 6 months in Malaysian refugee camp, I was selected by Denmark. I arrived in Denmark as 1st generation immigrant. I stayed in DK untill 2000, then immigrated to US 10 years ago. If you ask me, where are you from? I will always answer: "I'm from Denmark".

I like to see the Surprised faces when people hear this reply, because of my Asian's look and Denmark is not a country from Asia.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, Victoria! I am going to give you a hard copy of a few editing changes you can make next week.
    Also, it is easy for you to change the blog title from "Mai's Blog" to "Victoria's Blog". I'll show you how next week!
    Welcome to the class - I hope you learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete